A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, August 15, 2014

Bad Horse Mommy

I'm so going to tie my elbows to my torso
Ok. So I'm waaay behind, so I'm a bad blogger too. As I expand my waistline, my elbows drift out, leg comes off more, and I certainly am over this heat. Especially since its been so humid. If its gonna by muggy, can we at least get some rain?! My weed patch of a lawn would really appreciate it.

So yea, Holly has mostly been awesome, the cooler mornings has gotten her a bit sassy, including misbehaving for one of the WS with some naughty ground manners.

I'm kinda at the cusp of not jumping anymore. I really hate to give it up with so long until I'm due (Feb ugh), but I'm clearly starting to have a change in my balance.

I'm not sure if its better to keep doing little stuff, or just flat, and not potentially get bad habits because I'm countering my new weight balance. And of course I'm a little more nervous with the whole protecting growing life inside me.


Then there's all the new dings and rubs on poor miss Holly. I feel so bad, she ended up with a bad rub from her bell boots, I clearly should have seen brewing sooner. She's not real phased by it until I go to clean it, but I feel bad nonetheless. Now she's got a rub from her splint boots, oiy, back to polos for a bit.

And I let her feet get too long,somehow shoer missed her and she ended up way late on shoes... Which of course she promptly pulled one warming up last Weds after her new ones were on. Ah horses and their timing.

(These are from 8/5/14 but nothing newer to show)







Otherwise, she's been good, she tries to pack my left-behind or over tipping self around, gets her lead changes without too much fuss most days, and jumps some legit stuff with the WS while mommy earns her keep. 

That's pretty much the last few weeks for us...

6 comments:

  1. She saves her sass for T and J lol :) but hey that's how it should be with her in training!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with karley, she should be good for you :) You are the one paying all the bills!

      Delete
    2. Lol she's saves most her sass, she's not in love with all the extra haunchrs/shoulder in work if late. They make her jump harder, I make her flat harder lol.

      Delete
  2. You guys look awesome as always. Not easy decisions to make with a baby cooking, but i have no doubt you will make the right decision. No one knows you and your gorgeous Holly girl better than you.
    Hope she heals up from her niggles soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its a balancing act each ride I guess, just see how it feels. She's healing up, just feel bad she's so young to look so beat up.

      Delete
  3. I somehow missed that you had a baby on the way, congratulations!!!!! I'm so impressed with how far you and Holly have come, if you have to stick to flatting for a while don't fret, jumping always gets better with extra flat work:)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!