A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Show Pony wins ribbons!

So we finally went to our first show. Yea ok like almost 2 weeks ago... I may be a bit behind lol.

 It was a little local show and we totally just did the baby division, but I really couldn't be happier. Like seriously grinning because my mare was AMAZING and it was a really positive first real show experience for me.

1.Walk-Trot Hunters - 3rd
2.Walk-Trot Equitation - ...?
3.Poles Hunters Junior/Adult Amateur - ...?
4.Poles Equitation - ...?          (I don't remember but there's a 4th 
5.Poles Hunters Open - 1st   and 5th place somewhere in these classes)
6.Hunters X’s - 1st

I did classes 1-5 and J (WS) did #6, I think trainer was ready to bounce, and didn't want to worry about me mucking something up. Holly jumped the little baby X's with beautiful rhythm and even pulled her knees up like she was going over something worth the effort, and easily won the blue.

So, like I said, it was baby stuff but now that I know she can behave herself like an old veteran, its on!







Of course to me that means 2'3"-2'6" at shows. Now trainer is saying she'd be a good 3-3'6" horse. Eek. Good for her, but not with me yet lol.

...And just so you don't think me a total weenie, pics of me jumping the 2'3"ish jumps on Friday when we schooled.






Last week was hacking because trainer was at show with L, so not a lot else to write :)



22 comments:

  1. Congrats on you and your pony's badassery! She's got such a freaking cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Her and Ramone must be seeing who can be the most chill at shows :)

      Delete
  3. Go Holly, Go Kat!! Bring on more shows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot. You guys look fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, felt kinda awesome being all dolled up ;)

      Delete
  5. Way to go, starting small always ends well, looks like a great time was had to get you ready for the next show and next level:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will have to look back at the pics next show to remember it was easy lol.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on such a positive show experience! I'm sure you and Holly will keep those ribbons coming! Also, I feel like I ride vicariously at your barn, because I also read Karley's and L's blogs on a daily basis too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yea sometimes its funny hearing the same lesson from another perspective, we all ride with a different set of goals and expectations and issues. ;)

      Delete
  7. Great job at your first show with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on such a successful first show together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, you guys rocked it!
    I am so impressed with how much you're achieving with Holly.
    You're such a BA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it finally feels like we are clicking more and freaking each other out less lol.

      Delete
  10. oh she's so adorable! looks like a very positive confidence building outing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holly is adorable! Congratulations for a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! Congrats on your great first show!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!