A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, July 27, 2012

Back in the Saddle... again

As I sit here trying to slide my arm out from under a thankfully sleeping baby, I realize how much my life has changed since my last ride in October. Riding again last night, felt like a little bit of my old life learning to integrate into the new. I arrived a little later than I wanted and felt sooo out of sorts, I haven't ridden since we moved to the new barn, and even though I had been haunting the place while pregnant, it was different actually trying to find stuff, while knowing I was running late. Luckily Kaile the horse I rode was kept right front and center in the barn (no hiking through the heat for Buster) and Karley was there to help me... I couldn't remember the last time I had put splint boots on (actually it was 1999 on my QH Rad when I think about it), such an easy thing seemed so foreign now.




I hauled myself into the saddle, happy I hadn't grabbed the really uncomfortable saddle I usually seem to always grab by mistake and we putzed down to the lower arena. Kaile has the slow mosey of an older horse that has been there, done that and no longer has any intention of rushing anywhere. ....



(Insert two day pause in typing this for... well life)

I was lucky enough to have my mom come watch me ride (she hasn't seen me ride other than photos since I was a child) and watch the baby so my awesome husband could supply us with fresh pics :)

Happy mommy

I felt soft and it was kinda disconcerting because there were a bunch more people sitting with my trainer watching than usual, some giving their advice which is kinda outputting since I already knew I was not riding anywhere as well as I could. My trainer let me put Kaile through her paces at my own pace, laughing every time she asked me to two point (yeah right). Other than her (rough) rocking horse canter, Kaile was the perfect back to riding horse to ride: calm, slow, but still responsive. I was soo tempted to jump with everyone else, but decided to ease back into riding, killing myself the first time doesn't do me any good in the long run. 


Our handsome voyeur 


Yay riding with Karley and the gang again


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and you looked good, everything is easier said then done, let the railbirds chirp and just do your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo!!! :) Excited you are back riding :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!