A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

media catch-up #1

Seriously not much to write. I am happily typing on a tiny keyboard for my tablet, so maybe it will be easier to update now, since my laptop has bit the big one.

 

Video is a little bit of us attempting to get Holly's hind end to respond (i.e. yield,) then us jumping mostly on a big loop of two baby jumps.

Pics are from last week, when my jumps still had the slightest bit of respectfulness to their height.

Holly is a lazy girl over baby jumps, so pics are not so pretty. Bright side, I get to make her practice speed and distance without my having a panic attack over how tall a jump is.

Trainer is determined to keep me going over anything she can for as long as possible, so I don't become too weenie post baby.

Luckily trainer has plenty of flat work ideas, so I won't get too bored, lots of shoulder/haunches in, flying changes, patterns, leg yielding, and eventually counter-cantering.

Holly so far rises to the occasion and picks most of it up pretty fast. She gets everything, just sometimes disagrees with how you ask for something. Ah mares.

That has also led to us using draw reins. I'm not loving that whole extra coordination required with the extra reins, but they serve their purpose well. She is so much easier to frame up for days after, and not nearly so heavy on me.

Umm... yea I guess I'll add the rest to another post, still behind on editing things, I can only take so much YouTube toddler videos to keep the kiddo occupied while I edit...




10 comments:

  1. That is great your trainer is being creative about ways to keep you going in the saddle! I love that pink and navy blue outfit, looks super with Holly's coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yea my trainer always has something up her sleeve. And I must love that outfit too, I keep wearing it according to photos lol.

      Delete
  2. Glad your trainer is on board with you riding for as long as possible! That's great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd prob keep me in the saddle until Im in labor if she had her way. She is much nicer and lets me take breaks now ;)

      Delete
  3. Going from one rein to two always makes you appreciate one, and I'm glad you our trainer is making you stick around :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Holly and I both appreciate the return to one rein ;) Don't worry, even when Im too huge to ride, I will still be around running my princess and taking photos.

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with your horse. Can I steal her while you grow a baby? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're still hopping around, for now! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I know I will miss riding and jumping so much this time, now that I have my own pony.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!