A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Scrambling to stay current

Going to be more pics than words... Oh darn I know ;)

Sunday- Hot and dusty, so played in a friend's western saddle.

 I never really have ridden in a new one, and holy moly that thing is squeaky! It was like we were being followed by a pack of ravenous mice. Holly was not amused. She played western pleasure pony before I got her, so at least I knew she wouldn't be nuts.

Honestly I am finally more comfortable in my CWD than a western saddle. Never thought I'd say that. I do still want a good western saddle, still nice for trail to me.




Tuesday Night- Lady's night is coming back around, now that Karley is back in the saddle (yay!) It was still pretty warm out, ugh, over summer now. Used the draw reins again until we jumped our little tiny baby x. At least its something. 






Wednesday- AM lesson, luckily not as warm. Holly is so much more responsive the day after draw reins, I guess she gets it. Another session of baby x jumping, had to really work at getting her to not rush after and to be straight all the way to the rail after, she tends to cut in to change leads. Lead changes are getting so nice, finally


OK, dinner, bath,bedtime for the cutie pie on my lap, so more Blogging another day ;)


5 comments:

  1. Love that your trainer is inventive. Holly and yourself are looking fab! I am in awe of your progress over such a short time frame, I mean you guys aren't even together a year yet! So much awesome to come - i can feel it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, most of the credit goes to my working with and excellent trainer. Loving my pretty princess lol.

      Delete
  2. You guys look super! I want a good western saddle too, because why not!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am failing at keeping up on my blog .. We need someone to write for us lol :)

    Yay riding again!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!