A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, December 5, 2014

Apparel Review: Tuff Rider- Women's Ventilated Schooling Tights


Tuff Rider- Women's Ventilated Schooling Tight

Price: $32 shipped (w/ Amazon Prime) 

I bought size Medium (but would prob do better in a small if not pregnant)
I bought Navy color to go with the most shirts ;)

Description: (Via Amazon) "Lightweight, poly/spandex schooling tights are breathable and have the convenience of a pull-on low-rise stretch waistband. Contrast striping is made with a ventilated moisture wicking fabric and continues across the back to enhance the tights stretch and breathability. Also featuring UltraGripp knee patches for a secure grip in the saddle".

Pros: -Stretchy. They fit me comfortably until 5 months pregnant, and I imagine I could still wear them, they had great stretch-ability. 

- They seemed durable, I am pretty rough on breeches, they get thrown into a cold, delicate wash, and often the dryer on low so I can wear them again. They usually made it about two rides, then felt saggy enough to want to wash.

- Definitely cooler to ride in. I felt significantly cooler riding in these than other breeches. 

- Plenty of length. This could be good or bad, depending on how long your legs are. I am 5'5" (ok, almost) and had a bit of excess at the ankle. Luckily the material is thin, so wasn't super uncomfortable if a little bunched at bottom.


Cons: - Not a lot of good color choices. The above brown I picked so you could see the details, but it looks pretty ugly color at least in photos. I like the navy a lot, but not sure I dig all the stripe combos.

- Underwear lines. Yup, did pretty ok with the dark color, but pretty sure the lighter ones would show major lines (for those of us that don't go commando).

-Slippery. Not terribly so, but not the grippiest things you've ever ridden in. Definitely felt a little less secure.


Overall: Great choice for the price and for anyone who deals with hot summers. I will buy a size smaller once I'm back down in weight, because I think they would ride/fit better snug, even at the price of showing my rolls and panty lines a bit more.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol, thank you, I have lots of non-riding time now ;)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I'm not a big fan of riding tights, but these sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah prego friendly breeches lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the price? I don't think you could go wrong with these it seems... And riding commando?? I'd be so uncomfortable! Kudos for you who can haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People go commando???!!! Oh my god, that never occurred to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!