A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Monday, November 6, 2017

I Blame Hormones

Meet Mr Lucky

Because, what do you need when you are horse-less, pregnant with your 3rd child, and already have pets? A CORGI!!!

I had been stalking following a corgi breeder on FB and last week she posted this little guy up. Hubby and I = instant love.. D'oh. Messaged breeder and inquired about him, figuring there'd be someone with dibs. But...

We filled out the application while taking son to haircut, making dinner etc and followed her directions of what to do to a tee, and we had first rights to him. 

Then woke up to a message that since we hadn't put down the required deposit, so she was moving on... 

I was dumbfounded, and managed to send a polite text back with screen shots (despite hubby ranting and my hormones flaring) and she instantly apologized, and he was ours again.



She took him to her vet when he flew in, cleared his health, caught him up on shots, and scheduled our pickup. 
So much quieter in the car than my kids
He is from a ranch in Texas and already 12 weeks old. 
He is half Cardigan, half Pembroke, and 2/3 ears lol.

Breeder was awesome, had him playing with her kids and was a wealth of knowledge (also bred Aussies and had horses, so extra points there). 

We drove nearly to Mexico to get him. Like past San Diego, crazy far for a one day trip from our place. 












And since we were in San Diego area.....
I got to visit L.W. ,Dante, and get tacos (bonus).

 Since we had puppy in car we made quick work of the tacos and went to see Dante. 

Shameless selfies while LW was getting ready

Hubby is awesome because he drove the whole way down, took a power nap while I got my horsey fix, then drove the whole way back.

Dante was such a good boy, honestly she just grabbed him, tacked up, and hopped on. It wasn't warm out and he is young. His trot is dreamy to watch, I can't wait to see him progress.


Totally forgot a pic of us together
but got her and Dante at least

Got home and have been in puppy-integration mode since. Its been 9 years, you forget all the little things, but he is such a little cuddly bugger and likes naps as much as I do.


My son named him Mr Lucky. For a 5 year old, it was probably about as good as I could have hoped for a name. I probably would have picked something more Dingo-ear related.

Champion snuggler

Can't wait for him to get his 16wk shots so he can go out into the world. 

Surprisingly happy to have a n ankle-biting playmate


More puppy spam to follow, because no ponies for now :)






8 comments:

  1. Look at himmmmmm, I LOVE HIM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is ridiculously cuddly and cute. Which is good because puppy teeth, ouch.

      Delete
  2. omg he's so cute, I can't get enough of him! squeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will arrange a visit when you are up here :)

      Delete
  3. ermahgerd puppppppy!!!!! i predict: T minus 18 days before L steals him entirely lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I better get him microchipped by then ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!