A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Still slacking...still progressing...

Still slacking... so this is a week behind....

(video from last week because I'm lazy at editing these days).



Wednesday trainer was generous (ha) and we had a flat lesson in the indoor. It was unseasonably cool that morning and Holly was a bit... perky.

Lots of working on getting Holly straight, she tends to throw her butt out to the right and was quite fussy about being told to do otherwise, but being a good girl, she did her best.

Then we did lots and LOTS of lead changes. Ended up doing figure 8's across the arena (and around beginner lessoners eek). They weren't all very pretty, we tend to get each other tense about them.

Friday was a normal lesson. Weather was still pretty decent for July.


We went down to the outdoor and I opted not to lunge Holly first. Probably should have. She wasn't high, but lord she had an opinion and threw a couple little fits. Mostly things that were my fault, but still, no need to be so dramatic.



Also, apparently the rainbows are now horse eating and quite scary.


Sigh. I can't get too mad, she wiggles but goes over them. And I'm learning how best to support her over things which are spooky.

But hey, got her to tuck those knees over the little stuff


Then we did the line of 5 gymnastic. It's set on like 18ft so it has to be done slow on her. I have no idea how L does it on Ramone, he's so huge. Took a bunch of times, but finally got our rhythm set to where I didn't feel like we were rocketing out of the line, or going to slow to nothing half way through.


Ok, so maybe by next week I'll be caught up ;)

11 comments:

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!