A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

1 Year Later...

1st Ride on Holly
So Holly and I officially passed our 1 year mark. I think overall we have accomplished a lot, but mostly, it was the growth in me, she just polished some rough edges.
1st night at our barn, on trial

I think a lot of it came from having a consistent mount, who frankly, is a huge burden on my family budget, so gosh dang it, I was going to learn to ride her, and ride her well.

I guess it was warm last Oct too- 10/13
We jumped up to 2'6", which was frankly terrifying to me last year, and until my little bun in the oven, had become perfectly acceptable. I even toy with the 3' barrier (yes there's a big mental block there). The thing is, it seems doable now, which never was the case.

1/2014- like OMG maybe 2'
Holly has come a long way with her jumping. She no longer thinks she has to add the tiniest step before each jump. She puts her big pony panties on, and if you tell her its ok, she'll jump what you aim her at. (Still hates the rainbows though). She's jumping 3'3" or so with the WS just fine, which is great to know she is comfortable at that height, even if I'm not yet.

1st real show together-6/2014
Frankly, its not like she looks crazy better toned, or had perfect head set now, she still loves poking that nose out and letting mommy carry her when she can. But she understands so much more of what is asked of her.
6/2014- 2'3"- 2'6" courses- no problem

She will prob revert back to spooky and sassy for winter, but she's awesome in the summer, so really at 6, I can't complain. The silly stuff should mellow out with age. She is half QH lol.

Last ride til baby :(
Here's to getting to set goal for next summer. I plan on boot camping myself back into shape fast while off work, because I kinda doubt I'll have more free time with two kids once the jobs back in full swing ;)


15 comments:

  1. You guys look amazing and have made such a great team over the last year. So proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two have made such progress, it has been fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its so neat to be able to look back through the blog and see where we've gone.

      Delete
  3. So happy you two have each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy I found Ramone's wonder twin.

      Delete
  4. Love reading about you two! You've both come so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not as entertaining as you and Bobby but I try to put lots of media in ;)

      Delete
  5. You've have quite the year. I've loved watching you get more confident over fences and enjoy the ride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so weird finally getting confidence at something when I was young I never thought I'd ha've the confidence to do.

      Delete
  6. You two have had a great year. I'm so happy you have her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Holly! Next year will be even better, and I know you'll break the 3' mental barrier post baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your first year together!! I remember us both horse shopping at the same time, and how cool it was that we found horses at similar times too.

    Holly is such a wonderful mate and you've both come so far. Here's to many more successful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How time flies!
    You guys have literally come on in leaps & bounds - i love tracking your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!