A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Monday, October 6, 2014

Updates and 10 questions

So officially on the DL. I'm super bummed about stopping riding, but after my last ride, and the ensuing sciatic pain on the opposite side as usual, I decided it was time.


Holly will get trainer rides, 3x/week and I will run her happy but around at least 2, hopefully 3 days so shes not nutz when WS rides her. Not really worried about that while its still 90F out. Good grief its a hot fall. Yuck.

Derp pony and 20wk belly

On to more filler posts...


1.Is there something you don't like about your riding?
Ha. 80% of it. Really I just wish good habits stuck faster. I mostly wish I could stay relaxed. I'm not too shabby when I am relaxed and flow with the horse.

2.Does your horse buck? Well yes, but rarely under saddle. She has a L to R lead change that feels nearly like one, but that's slowly smoothing out.
3.Is your horse head shy? Rarely. She gets startled if things move to fast towards any part of her body. But she's solid about bridling, worming, etc. 

4.Favorite barn chore to do? If I had my tack trunk at the barn, it would be organizing that. I like setting the jumps... for others ;)

5.How many times do you ride a week? I was doing a solid 3x/week. For now, nada.

6.Who is your favorite pro rider? Margie Goldstein Engle and Beezie Madden peaked my curiosity for jumping. They impressed me as strong women and riders.
7.If one pro rider could train you for one day who would it be? Well, GM if I was ever worthy. 

8.Favorite Facial Marking? Depends on the color horse. Generally a blaze, if its symmetrical. I like where they widen over the nostrils. I like stars, again symmetrical (notice a pattern?).

9.Leg Markings or No Leg Markings? Yes please. Harder to maintain, but love me some stockings. Chrome it up. Not that my mare has any. 

10.Ever broken anything falling off? (knock on wood) If anything, I think I compressed a vertebrae with my last real fall. But since I didn't get xrays, I don't know for sure. Otherwise I have good genetics for bones, I bruise like crazy, but considering a lack of padding, most injuries stay relatively superficial. 

6 comments:

  1. You will be missed D: but at least you can golf cart it right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and I can raise your jumps and help tear down in winter ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, yours was so hidden at this point with winter clothes!

      Delete
  3. I will miss seeing your progress with Holly, looking forward to it starting up again. Also looking forward to adorable baby pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe., thanks. I will have to post up some Holly doing baller stuff with WS pics, cause she looks really amazing at 3' and over. Funny how those knees come up ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!