A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015- New Beginnings

So... uh Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Sorry, a little behind on, well... everything right now.

Between the holidays, work, pregnancy, and some cats peeing/destroying all of our furniture, the blog was on the back-burner.

Holly sporting her xmas gift
I've been a semi-neglectful horse mom, letting princess stay in her stall over a few days, unhappily kicking the walls, squealing and driving my barn mates crazy. But poor baby avoided the flooding of her previous paddock, and sub-freezing temps because mean 'ol mom put her in a box stall. Not that it wasn't promised to have a paddock like weeks ago, but still.

Why am I locked in this dungeon of terror?!!

Oh wait, this is kinda nice...

Holly's been her winter, spooky and high, but not totally crazy self. She definitely gets over things like walking around in crazy wind better than a year ago. Yay progress. Probably helps I'm too preggo to put up with that kind of shenanigans.


Look Mom, I'm a giraffe!

Will look respectable for cookies

About all I've got in horsey news. Except for BDay/ Xmas I got a pair of Mountain Horse Supreme Field boots. They were a steal on Tack of the Day, and since Karley had them and raved, I figured just go for it.

Please excuse the glowing pale leg...

I ordered a size 9, because I am usually 8.5 and dropping to a 8 without the luxury of trying them on sounded scary. What I got was extra toe room and a bit (too much) calf room. I think, if I re-lace them so my ankle has a tiny bit more room, it means I can wear comfy socks. Win. The soles are so comfy compared to my Bevals, and they already feel super worn in, other than needing to drop a bunch. I can't wait to be riding again and do a review. Now I can polish up the Bevals for show.

Someone loves winter weather :)

So here's to a new year, with new goals, and new members of the family soon to be on their way.

18 comments:

  1. Woo love the rug & new boots - what a fab way to start the new year. Also love the new blog layout & name, sorry not sure when that changed but i only just noticed #forshame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it just changed last night right before I posted, no worries, you're one of my most loyal followers ;)

      Delete
  2. Holly is just making sure we all know she's there and her displeasure when we take her boys away ;)

    Can't wait for your little miss to make her debuts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too, she is already demanding more space than I have ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Holly looks adorable in her new rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youre back! Excited for 2015 sounds like your family is going to be having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first picture! Also Holly's new blanket is so cute! I love the colors! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, admittedly I did buy it with the colors swaying me a bit.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, it's hard to get family shots with a toddler and a horse lol

      Delete
  7. Ooh, those new field boots are fancy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTD ftw lol, I'd never have surged on full price..

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!
    The first photo is absolutely gorgeous- and yay for new boots! I haven't found a MountainHorse product I don't like yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like the quality so far, we will see how they ride for me.

      Delete
  9. Love your new (I think!) cover photo! Awe...that blanky reminds me of my old horse Savvy. She had the same one. Can't wait for baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!