A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Home Stretch


Hallelujah I made it to maternity leave. Not that I didn't end up with bronchitis from trying to get some extra hours in, but I survived. Baby survived. Hubby survived (probably the most worn out lol).

Weather has been alternating warm and beautiful and foggy/cold and beautiful. While all this dryness this is fun and makes waddling around the barn easier, I am worried what this means for the summer. Added water charges along with added hay charges? Hmm...

1 year ago
Someones filled out this winter
Anywhoo, took advantage of a super warm, windless day (and that WS had given Princess a bath so she was respectably shiny for her winter fuzzy self) and let her roll and run a bit then brushed her up paraded her around for photos.

Never used fly bonnet, and toddler brushing me, no bigs...
She was so mellow, I just  about swung up on her bareback (then remembered I don't do anything but waddle right now). It was encouraging to see that relaxed, calm side of her.

Someone was super proud he got to help lead Holly

Seriously did not care

Holly is finally getting her paddock added onto her stall. Hopefully it will allow her to be even more exposed to all the people and scary things until she doesn't care anymore. (fingers crossed lol). And let her flirt again, lord knows she needs her boy time.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching maternity leave!!! I hope the final stretch goes by without any hiccups.
    Holly is looking fab, so happy and relaxed in herself. Great to see little Liam able to help out ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liam's so proud he is helping, hope it continues lol, I already have him sweeping the barn.

      Delete
  2. She does miss flirting. Ramone flirts with her everytime he comes in the barn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I bet he does. He just lilkes teasing his twin ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!