A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy Dance

 I'm back in the saddle finally! So doc may have said wait til 6 wks post c-sect, but I wanted to ride at 4, so getting on at 5 wks is a good compromise right? ;)

Rode Thursday and Saturday (no pics from Sat since hubby had fussy baby issues) but trainer snapped a few Thurs. Overall love being back. So much to remember. Again.

Thursday WS rode her first doing some changes etc. She's been jumped a bunch in the last week in prep for show next weekend so despite rather sloppy footing and a bazillion gnats she was good.

 Then much to Holly's dismay, I hopped aboard and did some sloppy WTC. Was supposed to only W/T but somehow trainer had me attempting two point and cantering within a few laps.

I'm totally getting why people like having a groom, the WS has been doing some serious loving and grooming on my pony, and she is shed out and shiny, with no elbow grease from me.

Still bunches to do to get Holly ready for the show next week ($$$) and although I wish I was spending the money for me to ride her o/f she's going to look way better with J, WS of impeccable eq.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too, although its been a little fun watching you guys all ride without getting distracted by my own riding.

      Delete
  2. Woop! Great compromise I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) As long as you listen to your body as much as your trainer it can be done ;)

      Delete
  3. It will be fun to watch her go around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!!!
    Excited to see photos of her doing her thang at the show.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!