A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, March 27, 2015

Murieta Classic I and II


So by now, odds are you've read either Karley or L's blogs about the show. If you haven't yet, you should, they have great blogs ;)

I didn't really know what to expect from Holly, she's done a couple little shows with her last owner and one schooling show with me. That said she was 6 going on 16 at her first big B/C rated show. I was certainly overwhelmed, like 6 arenas (just the ones being used) all with awesome footing, like 3 different offices (thank goodness other's knew where to point me for things), several barns, and all levels of horses and adorable ponies.

Holly was incredible. Luckily she was nearly completely shed out so she was shiny and I totally fell in love all over again when I saw her in fresh braids. She held her own with some pricey horses.

Thanks to mostly hard work by our awesome WS, J, we got a few of every color but blue. There were a few barns with like 14 horses, most being ridden by a trainer, so stiff competition.

J makes any horse look better
There was no spooking or shenanigans, yes a few not so nice lead changes and transitions, but some moments of true awesomeness too. Nothing makes a horse mommy proud like hearing bystanders compliment your horse.
Hubby was more than happy to use his new camera

Official standings:

(With WS)
Warm Up 2'3"-2'6" - 2nd
Warm Up 2'6-2'9" - 4th
2'6"-2'9" - 1= 5th  
                  2= 6th 
                  3= 7th 
                  4= 3rd
              U/S= 3rd

(With me)
CWD Eq 18&O Flat= 8th (out of 9)
Low Child/ AA Hunter U/S= 5th (out of 9)
AA Hunters 18&O U/S = 6th (out of 6-my bad picked up wrong diagonal on bad transition)


SO that means on my first ride, in the eq class, with only 5 rides under my belt since having a baby 6 weeks ago, I beat someone! I was super proud of that ugly colored 8th ribbon.  I really wish I had still had her braided for my classes, but just couldn't pay another $55 for me to do 3 flat classes. That said most of the other horses were in my second two classes.


Of course yesterday Holly was all sorts of a pill back in our hard, dusty outdoor. She spooked at the piles of jumps, and gave me grief when I asked her to do things like collect.

Do I worry so much? Not anymore, because now I've seen what she can do and the satin we can acquire. And I want more.


9 comments:

  1. She looks like a model in that second pic, to die for gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a successful return to the saddle and an even more successful start at your rated show career together. You guys are going to have so much fun now you've discovered/re-discovered the lure of satin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm looking forward to new adventures.

      Delete
  3. She looks great!! And satin is so cruelly addictive :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!