A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Jumping on the crazy train

Wind+ 2 data off + stall life = Hairy-eyed giraffe horse.

Miss Holly was kinda a pill to ride. Despite plenty of other horses being present and not dying  by trotting by the open and of the arena, Holly was pretty sure there were horse eating monsters lurking in the corners. Sigh. This was not helped by the gusting wind, and shoer who was banging things around and playing heavy metal music right in the corner by the arena.

I need to find my inner zen and not react. Going into fetal crouch and getting in your mares face only leads to fun things like feeling her get light up front (no m'am, not OK) and lots of getting yelled at by trainer. When I did succeed on getting my horse's butt and shoulders and head properly aligned, our ride wasn't bad (at least for 3/4 of the ring every lap).

Then Karley and I warmed up over a little cross rail on a figure 8 back and forth. Then I had to do a bunch more laps alone til I fixed... Well if you can hear the plethora of things I get yelled at for in the video.

Enjoy the awesome audio cause I'm too lazy to edit ;)

Big thanks to a friend for getting me video. Amazing how much faster it all feels in the saddle. When I didn't hold her until we were near chipping in and let her figure it out, she was getting great distances. 

Its not pretty but its progress. 





5 comments:

  1. I thought you guys looked good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) i think we look better than I feel Because I know where I was at prebaby break.

      Delete
  2. Progress isn't always pretty! I think the video looks better than it probably felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the next few months will be not-pretty progress lol.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!