A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Moving along...

So I guess I am slacking on my blog, not that I really have many followers, but it does feel nice to put into words some of the thought bumping around in my noggin from time to time. So...

Our lesson on Aug 7th was canceled which kinda bummed me out since it was my B-Day, but it was nasty hot that week so I wasn't too bummed.... I have started doing Vinyassa yoga classes on my non-riding days at the gym. I know should be doing something more hard core to bust this body back into at least the shape I was in pre-baby, but baby steps right? Besides that instructor is pretty tough, and I am so not limber.

Last week our lesson was moved to Thursday, but since we had already gotten the in-laws to babysit, we went down and watch the gang ride. While I am always a little wistful just watching, it is amazing how much more I can notice watching others while not having to ride at the same time. Of course we took pics :)

Pony

Up close and personal with Henry




One of the prettiest sunsets I can remember


























Then on Thurs we had our lesson. It was cooler which makes it so much nicer to ride. (Although I will miss the heat when its cold and dreary). I admittedly was a bit lazy and opted for Kaile again, knowing that I wouldn't have to jump if I rode her and that she was kept front and center in the barn so less walking ;) Lesson overall went well. I still feel so off, my brain knows where it wants my body which refuses to comply. I hated every time I got yelled at to put my heels down, that is usually the easy part for me, now its like "crap I lost that too". Oh well, it will come back to me with time and effort, both of which I have.









The best part was riding in my own saddle (albeit still sporting Karley's name plate)



4 comments:

  1. Flexibility is a +. Just gotta keep it up once you get bendy again, you don't use it you lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you Photoshop in another rail ontop of the rainbows for me in that picture please?! lol

    You will get back to it.. just takes time which is hard to be patient for- i feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, one of these days that one of us actually has time to edit photos more I totally will, he certainly gives you room to spare lol

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos - only catching up on your blog now, sorry for the delay.
    I really admire people who take a break for family and then come back to horse riding, far from easy from what I've heard from others. Sounds like you are doing great though and in the best possible hands with your trainer and sympathetic lesson group - you'll be tip top (local Luxo saying) again in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!