A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

That old black Magic

As the title confers I mixed it up at last nights lesson and rode Magic. He was his normal (less than) charming self. Most of our issues were clearly mine, but he could be a gentleman and not point them out right? My biggest issue is still when a horse gets heavy and too fast, I have the horrible tendency to pop my butt out of the saddle as I pull back, obviously lessening my ability to balance and defeating the purpose. Very irritating habit I have not been able to remedy yet. I jumped a little jump across and back, Magic being fairly cooperative, but my back was screaming at me, so I declined further jumping, much to the harassment of my husband (which I have told him to do). The way  I see it, if I'm riding crappy on the flat, no reason to go riding crappy over jumps.

 Pics aren't edited yet, I don't think my amazing husband got too many since he was busy with the baby most of the time. The best part of the lesson was when I stopped for water and upon getting close to my baby, he lit up with a huge smile and coo. According to my husband, our 10 week old already likes watching mommy ride :)







More pics once they are edited. Unfortunately since I chickened out of more jumping  because of some minor back spasms, I only have two horrible examples of my bad form over a fence these days, which will not be shared.


Tomorrow I am going down to hopefully ride and possibly lease the awesome Louie. I am hoping that being able to ride more than once a week, along with riding one steady mount will help my riding, cause right now, I'm kinda embarrassed. Luckily I know:  (a)I have before and can again ride better, (b) progress takes time, and (c) my trainer will keep on me until I get better; and (d) I ride with some very cool ladies who put up with me and make lessons fun :)

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool that you may lease Louie. He's a nice horse! Whatever you do don't delete those 2 pictures, having bad examples of your own riding help a lot when you compare newer better pictures. It's all a part of the journey (I have so many bad pictures of me riding!)

    Also that last picture of me, typical me, trying to figure out wtf my hands are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can only imagine, the draw reins would totally throw me. I always keep the good and bad pics, usually slightly obsessively comparing my position to others to see what am I doing wrong (are my hands too low, stirrups too long, ghetto booty sticking out, etc). ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!