A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Step Up



So I dragged myself (and my boys) out to the barn bright and early this morning (yes 9am is early to me now) to give Louie a try. When we got there J was jumping Henry so we sat and watched with Karley (hubby with camera in hand as usual). I think my baby boy enjoyed watching as much as I did. Not sure if such a dusty setting is the healthiest for such a young babe, but he really enjoys it, and i figure he has my immunity. Plus it was so smoggy out I figured the air was frankly nicer up on the hill.
 
Ok so its an old pic of Louie, but we know I will have lots soon enough :)


After Juliana put Henry away, we went and grabbed Louie. He is such a big puppy dog. We groomed him, and I finally attempted polo wraps. It looks way easier than is was, which is kinda sad for a nurse. It isn't much different than when I bandage a person, excluding the whole way bigger, standing in mucky wash area and moving part. I am sure I will quickly get the hang of it... or just pick up some boots ;) way easier lol.
     After a quick lunge, J rode him around in the indoor while our trainer was giving a lesson. After she warmed him up a bit, I hoped on... well ok after a failed leg up, I climbed aboard and enjoyed the ride. I was definitely a little sore from riding Tues, so I was more than happy to not do a ton of posting trot. Louie has wonderfully comfortable gaits, even when he's being lazy. So since I liked Louie, and I wasn't a spaz, I will now be leasing him 3 days a week. Yay for more riding, more learning, and more to blog about!

6 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! Great for you, great for Juliana. Do you know what days you'll be riding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tues lesson, and prob Thurs and Mon or Fri for now. Its kinda open. Just trying to match up when others will be there. The Mon, Tues combo will hurt for awhile, but I have the beginning of the week off so its the easiest.

      Delete
    2. Just think.. Mondays will be a warm up for Tuesdays :)

      Delete
    3. Ps... we need Tuesdays pictures!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on taking the plunge and leasing - he looks lovely.
    Am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures as you get to know each other and get back into the swing of things.

    May you have many happy outings together!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!