A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mind over muscle

Will I ever be half this brave?


The Olympics have been a blast to watch, thanks to DVR I have not missed much. I was super surprised when my husband announced he wished I had saved the cross-country because he wanted to see some of it. I think my love of horses has officially rubbed off on him :)




No pictures from this weeks lesson :( , Andy stayed at home with the baby since it was nasty hot. Its probably just as well, while Kaile looked sharp in her hunter green attire, I looked hot and tired, and I know my form was not pretty most of the time. Kaile seemed heavy and sluggish the whole lesson, enjoying me not being up to speed. I find I am being surprisingly whinny/ wimpy about riding (its hot, my boots make my toes go numb, my back hurts,etc). I like what I just read, courtesy of Lyssette: *Be Stronger Than Your Excuses* . I think this needs to be my new mantra. Part of me has become soft, and the other half of me keeps yelling 'shut up and ride woman'! I have never been an aggressive rider, but I always pushed past pain and fatigue to ride, now I find my mind racing to think of an excuse to not two-point or to need to slow down, when I know I have more in me. Luckily I know my trainer will not give me too many more excuses. I was pondering on my way home, how I ended up riding with such an awesome group. Through a chance friendship I ended up riding with a group of friendly, patient, and entertaining group of people, with a trainer who is a good mix of friendly and hard-ass, just what I need. Since I started riding with them I have grown more as a rider than I did in the 8-10 years I rode before.



No lesson next week, which is a bummer since it is my B-Day, but that's life. I think we will have to head down again and at least get pics of other's riding, I really enjoy snapping shots almost as much as riding, just being at a barn is so therapeutic for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need a little butt kicking and motivation. That's why I post all those motivational quotes because I know I need them! Don't be too hard on yourself though (mentally and physically) it takes a bit to get back in shape and you don't want to push yourself to the point of exhaustion or injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya girl!!! And can tell you that it does get better and you will come out stronger :)

    Keep your head up :) and take advantage of all the horses you can ride that will be nice to you haha!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!