A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to the Grind

So I am officially back to work. People were nice to me, and most of it came rushing back, so it wasn't feeling as awkward by the third night. Now if only riding were as simple to return to. But really, its starting to feel better too, I'm not quite as much of a spaz these days.



Last Thurs I fit a quick hack in before work. Its nice when our trainer is there giving another lesson because she can't help but yell at me when she's around (which I need).

Tonight I worked hard at keeping my legs forward and not tipping forward when cantering. I feel like I have a ton of voices going through my head when I ride (mine, my trainer, what I've learned from GM's book, etc). I know what I want to look like when I ride, its getting there that's the challenge. I asked my trainer if she could make a "baby" jump for me, and she said no, I could jump the box everyone else was jumping. I eyed it and decided I had my big girl panties on so I should get to it. Louie is such an easy jumper, point him at the jump, keep him from drifting, and he pretty much does the rest. I worked at not hanging on his mouth, and think we went pretty clean. Then Karley did some bigger jumps, proved she's got some sticking power, and then Erica did a loop of two fences. I was really tempted to join her, but I was sore, and figured why push it, Louie was on his second ride of the day too.

I have come to the realization that I really am going to have a hard time coming out three days a week right now, I feel super guilty leaving the baby, since on work days it pretty much fills my waking hours between shifts. I probably should have figured that out before committing (and paying) for three days/week, but que sera sera.  I'm sure as I get back into the swing of working nights, I will probably be able to make it out easier (and it helps when I can drag my boys along).

3 comments:

  1. You'll figure out what works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that things are getting easier - practice makes perfect...or so I am continuously being told, ;-)
    Once you settle into your routine balancing family, work & horse you'll be fine...in fact you'll get so used to always doing something that you'll actually be bored when you find yourself at a loose end! Or maybe that's just me...
    Best of luck finding your equilibrium both in life & in the saddle! You're doing great and I'm loving the blog, please keep the updates coming when you can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol it was a miracle I stayed on!

    You will get better with each ride... promise! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!