A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hold On

That's my new mantra, sit back and stay put.

 Last Tuesday's lesson was a good reminder of just how much I still need to work on. We did our normal flat work and then moved into jumping. Our trainer doesn't seem to feel I need the fences put lower anymore, since Louie knows what he is doing, but I still notice they are taller than I used to jump. Once again I found myself pitched overly far forward not only on the flat, but after a jump, leading to my near fall after Louie's patented bouncy lead change. I was super surprised I had the strength to stay on, and laugh it off instead of getting angry at myself, well too much anyways. I actually had to yell in my head to just sit down stupid. It did make me feel more vulnerable jumping, but I keep thinking if others actually fall off and get back on, I must persist. :)

Thursday I tried to have a quick hack in the big outdoor while Karley and Lyssette had their lesson. I felt in the way as they were working through the center of the arena, and being someone who is always half in her head, I kept not  paying attention and realized I had no idea where they were going. I tried to just do lots of posting trotting and transitions, since I still need to clean them up if I ever want to show.

This week (hopefully):

Mon: hack
Tues: (work)
Wed: hack
Thurs hack/ lesson

Doubt I will make all three days, but here's to hoping :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you almost fell off! I didn't feel you were in the way at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good faces like me!!! Love it! :)

    If you remember left left with me you will never be in the way :)

    I'll be there tonight and Thursday.. don't think any of us ride Wednesday tho. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!