A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Magic Monday

Not a lot in my horsey world this week. Went out and had a lesson Monday 9am because last night was the hubby's B-Day and we went out to dinner just the two of us, enjoying some non-baby conversation for a change. It was super foggy Monday and about 36F degrees. While this made for lovely pics, it was not super fun to ride in. Luckily my new full seat breeches are fairly wind proof, helping to cut down on the chill factor.

Magic was his usual grumpy self, muddy and plodding as I gathered him from the paddock and groomed him best I could before the lesson. My trainer had another lesson to use him for right after mine, so I felt a bit rushed. We only did flat work, which was kinda nice, kinda bumming, because I still need so much work with jumping. We did some decent sitting trot work ,and plenty of two-point and posting trot ( at least it felt like plenty). I wish I had remembered to do no stirrup at the sitting trot. Magic still gave nice little bucks when given a quick swat with the crop, and after a tiny temper tantrum about maintaining a decent posting trot, my trainer told me to get spurs for my next ride. I take this to mean I am no longer such a spaz with my legs that she trusts me with them now lol. We did lots of circles at the canter, in different spots and different sizes since grumpy was resistant to turning off the wall. It wasn't the most fun ride, but it was good for me, I really need to work on my assertiveness. I'm better but no where as aggressive as I need to be.

I quickly cooled him off and untacked him for his next lesson. Its always funny watching a trainer go from yelling at you to being all patient with a total beginner.

Lesson next Tues... not sure what else...

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!