A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, January 4, 2013

Goals, Dreams, and Attitudes

My first ride of the year was a little interesting. Went out this am bright and early and trudged through a TON of mud to get Magic.Mr Happy wasn't real enthusiastic to leave the remnants of breakfast in the chilly 30-40 degree weather. I tacked up quickly, only to have to wait for my trainer to arrive. I worked at some of the mud balls on poor Magic, not that you could tell. We got to work, and I realized how fast I lose conditioning. Lots of posting, and some no-stirrup work (ugh). I worked at keeping Magic from moving like a lethargic snake, and Magic worked at bucking every time he got swatted with the crop (naughty boy indeed!). Magic is an odd duck, he actually improves his attitude once you move into cantering and jumping, he doesn't hate work, just the boring stuff :) We just jumped an x back and forth at a trot than a canter. It wasn't anything much, but the jumps are not super low anymore, and since someone else was getting a lesson in the arena with us, there wasn't a lot of room to spare.

GOALS for 2013:

-Increase no stirrup work to posting as well as sitting trot
-Stop looking down over jumps
-keep my heels down!
-Enter at least 1 schooling show this season
-go to the gym at least every other day (when not riding)
-work more (more $$$)
-fix my many issues of position (hands, elbows, etc)


DREAMS for 2013:

-Buy a horse (not unobtainable, but there's whats in the budget, and what I'd love)
-Buy quality matching tack for said horse
-Buy proper show attire (boots and coat mainly)
-Enter a show (and do more than W/T, W/T/C)

ATTITUDES for 2013:

-Decrease road rage to internal monologues (so baby does not learn to talk like a sailor before tying his shoes)
-See more of the positive side of things.
-Bring my obsessive cleanliness from work home.


evil kitty guarding my saddle

Lesson Monday (Tues is hubby's B-Day so sparing him barn time), then not sure as far as horses go (work Weds thru Sun).


4 comments:

  1. Set your mind to it and all that seems attainable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you cleaned your saddle :) Im sure that 2013 will have great things if you pursue them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your goals seem super realistic! I'm sure you'll be able to achieve some if not all of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals and all achievable!
    Best of luck, especially with the horse shopping! Exciting times ahead indeed!
    Had a good giggle and the thought of a wee baby cussing like a trooper before being able to walk - funny image...good start to a Monday morning!
    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!