A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, September 13, 2013

Win, lose, or draw...

Not really sure which my lessons have been lately, guess I didn't come off, so both were a win.

Video clips from last week....




umm.... yea .... crazy
  Tuesday we had our normal 'ladies night' lesson... except Henry pulled a shoe so Karley couldn't ride. We also had another gal riding with us on a little part draft mare, always nice to have others around. I kinda... no definitely... reaped what I sowed. I hadn't ridden Magic on Monday, and even though I was early I totally spaced it on letting him blow some steam off in the round pen. He's so slow and lazy on the ground, you forget he might actually have a wild hair or too left. We did our normal trotting laps, plenty of two-point (ugh- I still have to hold mane way to often). Then we went to canter. Nothing interesting happening, same old same old... I don't know what set Mr Happy Pants off, but when the little mare passed him, he suddenly sped up and got heavy. Apparently I need more time at the gym, cause he wore me out. He got all rushy rushy to the jumps, and since I wasn't feeling like at all confident, I just kinda flubbed my way through it all. I realized I just want to be solid at speed bumps, then maybe, maybe, go higher. But really I'm in no hurry to go higher.

awesomeness
Thursday Karley had a makeup lesson Thurs am so I tagged along. My brilliant self remembered to turn Magic out so he was nice and behaved. I was TIRED since I had worked all night. I think that works to my advantage, apparently I'm pretty relaxed when sleep-deprived. Did some ok jumping, just back and forth over an X, or a vertical, heck I don't even remember, I just know it was the rainbow jump. Had one moment where I learned why you don't spur and then jump ahead... took a crazy long distance. Very happy I stayed on without too much fuss. I need to not jump ahead when Magic slows, its not like I can pull him over the jump.

Went and looked at a couple horses today. If I had seen sweet, calm TB's like this when I was younger I would have had a completely different opinion of them. It was like being at a ranch of 1000lb + puppy dogs. Maybe more on that later.... ;)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for riding with me Thursday!!

    Excited about the potentials!!! Lol ranch full of puppy dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems to be the way with horses, ya win some ya lose some. The videos look good:)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!