A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sweating the Small Stuff

I haven't been the greatest blogger lately. Our ride Saturday (as in over a whole week ago) was decent. We did little courses, but with like 5 of us jumping at once, you had breathing time in between runs.




I had a near perfect round except for the last lead change after the last fence, boo. I HATE lead changes. I know I need to pull the big girl panties up and deal, but they are bouncy and awkward, and if I am nervous, I occasionally don't even notice that I missed one (she likes to swap back, half way through). 

It's pretty much 90% me, and I hate that. 


Love this pic
Then Tuesday night (it was still 90 degrees out) and I was down to doing one lone, low crossrail, which was harder work then a course.

She was doing the I'm a slug- rush last 5 strides- beast after routine. Nothing horrible, just annoying and darn heavy on my arms and back. She's really harder over the smaller jumps than the bigger.


The bad side is I should have her jumping anything with the same rhythm and energy. The good side is it makes bigger jumps less scary and more comfortable....kinda..

There's video, but hubby is editing Ferrari picks, so I've been bumped lol.



\Wednesday was more of the same but we did another little 3 jump course and it was lots of rough changes and dragging mom to the jump. In retrospect, it doesn't look that bad.

We did lots of stop before jump, stop if just not swapping leads in a timely manner. Stop if not half-halting. Lots. Of. Stopping.



Didn't make Saturday lesson as I had to work OT to pay for princess. Hopefully this week will be cooler, smoother, better.

Good lesson tonight, but I'll save that not so exciting tale for another day ;)

9 comments:

  1. So far so good (on the weather), she jumps so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now if I can get my eq dialed in a bit, we'll rock lol.

      Delete
  2. You guys are looking better and better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 3 steps forward, 1 step back, always progress.

      Delete
  3. You guys look great over those jumps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good! :) And the weather is much better this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking awesome! :-) I know all too well about sweating the small stuff. And don't worry about her changes!! One day it'll just click I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!