A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Finally :)


Nothing big, just had a nice lesson. Arrived late but still earliest lol. Grabbed Magic, gave him a little extra grooming love since he is a shedding beast if you touch him with a curry the poor boy just explodes with hair.  Since I got on before G, I had lots of extra sitting trot and posting trot laps. Then we did two-point at a trot and a canter. Soooo much easier at a canter. For the first time in a looong time I felt comfortable with Magic at a canter, he behaved despite another horse being sassy, circling and fussing around us and actually picked up his leads like the proper boy he is.

G and I then trotted some poles, then poles to a bitty cavaletti. For once it didn't look so big (after the first pass, lol). We worked on straightness and cantering out, I need to push him to lead change instead of letting him break to trot. It was a bit harder with a horse being dumb in the corner you are jumping towards.

 (sorry not able to directly post it today- argh)

 If you ignore my floppy hands, bad legs, and overall awkwardness, you can see in the video I don't look like I'm going to be sick the whole time I had lesson. I felt like at least at times my core was properly engaged when I posted, and... I feel dumb saying it, but its like I finally figured out how to open my knee without losing lower leg contact as much. Hello, not rocket science, just a little slow on the uptake, lol.

I knew I'd start getting  confidence back eventually, but it was nice just feeling even a smidgen of it since I took my flying leap into the dirt. It's not like i had a ton of it to start with.

5 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself!! You look like your doing great! And Magic seemed to be a perfect gentleman for you in the video at least :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he was being quite the gentleman, he normally straightens out his mood when he gets to jump even if he's a pill for flatwork ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was (for me at least), it was a nice change.

      Delete
  3. You look great in the video! And yay for some confidence :)

    P.S. love the background sounds :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!