A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sunshine, lollipops, rainbows...

Ok, well sunshine anyways...

Ended up having a solo flat lesson Tuesday. I have been doing a sleep-deprived sloth impersonation lately so I had no energy. Since it was surprisingly warm and sunny, without as much chilly wind, we went down to the outdoor arena. There was a little dressage ring set up in a corner with poles and standards, which I pretended was my whole arena for the lesson.

Lots of work in the corners, bend Magic, bend... I had my new pair of half chaps on which felt a bit stiff but all faults are mine, not gear. Better with my shoulder back, but still wrestled with proper leg position. My trainer had me crossing on the diagonal, making large circles, etc at the sitting, posting and canter. It was actually what I really need right now, an Eq overhaul.

Then we did  some ground pole work.We trotted in and  out of the 'arena' over the ground  poles down the sides and thru the corners, working on being in the middle of each pole without bulging or wiggling. It was great practice for quick turning and using hand and legs to keep Magic heading where I wanted  without being squirrely about it. Cooled off and headed up to  hose the sweaty beast off.


I was having stirrup length issues... I think my legs are uneven lol



4 comments:

  1. I think the private flat lessons are some of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab lesson, needs to get me some flat lesson re-fresher courses!
    Am really jealous of your sunshine - snow forecast to make a return here early next week! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!

    I agree with L... private flat lessons always KICK MY BOOTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Private flat lessons are HARD. There is no escape. No break while you watch someone else jump, nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!