A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Revelations of a Sleep-Deprived Mind

Sooo.... my son has been chewing on the rails of his crib. Since I kinda like the furniture not looking like we've left it to small vermin and I worry about what he's ingesting, we modified his bumpers to cover the rails... I was admiring our work when it dawned on me, he's a cribber lol... Do they make collars for babies?....







Easter Sunday brought about crazy weather, hail, thunder, flash flooding... for a couple of hours, then it was Poof gone, back to normal Cali weather.







OK, on to horses...
Lesson this morning was just flat work. The outdoor was hard and wet and the indoor was empty of rails from a clinic that had occurred on the weekend. I was ok with this, If I'm not good on the flat I have no real business leaving the ground. So the open end of our arena, is now also missing bottom panels, exposing scary things like tractors and people and flowers and...?

Magic wasn't real keen on this new remodeling and we quickly had a spookfest. I did ok the first couple times, but sometimes I just swear I am not dexterous to lean, kick, whip, pull, turn (and relax!) lol. Anywhoo, with lots of motivation and circling we finally got over it and went about our lesson. I was already beat by that point and kinda felt like I dragged thru the rest of my lessons WTC. We worked on forward impulsion with control and clean corners (even the scary ones).

Other then a brief interruption when my trainer's horse escaped the turnout and ran about the property the rest of the lesson was just run-of-the-mill.  Hubby was distracted with fussy baby so no pics/ video :( Magic had to stay up for another lesson so I gave him some grooming love, which he oddly seemed to enjoy and finally we left.

Trying to squeeze in another lesson this week, I'm feeling like I need to get back at it.

3 comments:

  1. When I started reading that I thought "Oh Liam is a cribber" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw bless the cribbing baby!
    Hope you get your other lesson, they really are invaluable. I'd love to have as many as you guys get, :D
    You are doing great and the growing confidence comes across in your posts!
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!