A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Score !



So I've been shopping around for some used field boots all over and came across a gal selling a pair of Beval Puissance boots for $125 with a broken zipper on https://www.facebook.com/groups/EnglishTackTrader/


I originally thought they were used, but they had only been walked around the house so the only wear so far is trying on and now from the cobbler fixing the zipper for $15.

They fit awesome, except needing to drop so I can bend at the knee ;)

Just curious how people have softened/ broken in their boots (besides obviously wearing them). My trainer said to spray alcohol on them before wearing, just curious what others do.




9 comments:

  1. you can soak in a tub, I prefer just to wear them in. Buy some moleskin or the Equifit Gel Bands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I space it on moleskin, I used to use it all the time? I don't think they will be too bad, they are pretty supple compared to others I have tried.

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo they look great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty boots! Tack store where I bought mine recommended wrapping them in damp hot polo wraps. I wore mine in like L. Williams though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't alcohol just dry out the leather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what i thought, but i guess that's whats in most products for stretching.

      Delete
  5. I always used the bathtub method. For the alcohol method, you spray it on the insides of the boot, on the lining. It really doesn't dry them out to much, but you can always oil the insides a bit if you feel they are too dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well wear with the new boots - have never had field boots myself, but just kept wearing & cleaning my new gaiters when I got them in the summer until the softened through use. Didn't take long at all, ;-)

    Lovely looking boots!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!