A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bright and Early

Felt horrible Tuesday night, then felt worse bailing on my lesson last minute, but as my husband put it, how good will I be if I'm sick.
Opted for an early morning lesson with Karley. Since I was actually up early, I got on the road early and to the barn before everyone arrived. Took my time getting Magic and getting us both ready, talking with the barn manager since she was grooming her massive beast.

Hey lady, I was eating breakfast...
We went down to the outdoor arena which had amazingly good footing compared to normal. We did plenty of two-pointing and posting trot since I had only ridden once in a week and apparently lose muscle tone like overnight these days. Another trainer had a girl jumping a course so we worked around her, and started trotting, then cantering a little wall/ vertical. plenty big for this chicken. and warm up for Karley ;) /i really worked on counting my pace out and telling myself to relax right before the jump, and feeling my legs sink into my heels, so even when he went a little long, I just floated with it. It felt awesome. J came down and trotted Trooper, the pony that I almost got over some decent jumps. He is going to rock the pony scene, he's taking right to jumping, did one crazy over jump that showed he has a lot of scope. Very cute.

Rinsed Magic off while grumpy tried his best to keep stepping on the hose, which kept blowing the nozzle off, leaving us both rinsed, argh. Trainer is gone next week so just hacking around. It will hopefully just be relaxing.

cookie?!

Please no more photos

2 comments:

  1. Hoping you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we could ride in the morning once a week! It was fun!! You had some great smooth jumps!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!