A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Yesterday


...all my troubles seemed so far away, 
now it looks as though they're here to stay...

.... Sorry, channeling my inner hippy with some Beatles.

Really, yesterday was a morning group lesson. It was chilly and still kinda muddy outside, so like 7 or 8 of us were squished into the indoor. We actually did a pretty decent job of spacing out, and no one ran into each other, even with some of our horses scooting and spooking at the open end of the arena. We had to break into two groups to canter, which was kinda nice, getting to actually watch Karley and L ride without worrying about running into anyone. 

We did some basic back and forth jumping over an X, then a small vertical. Other then the fact that I was getting left a bit behind since I was posting for some reason right up to the jump, I felt pretty centered in my trainer's Butet. Definitely getting a new saddle :) Holly was really good, not surprising for her 6th day of work (only 1 other jumping). I really have to work at not letting my brain kinda just go into pause mode as I approach a jump. She needs me to help her find a good distance, and gee I kinda have to be present for that. I wish I was quieter looking, but towards then end, when my eyes stayed up, we looked/ felt pretty good. 

After I finished, Karley and L did a tight little bounce, and the rest of us went for a hack down to the cross country field and played around. I'm gonna miss being able to hack around once it stays sloppy out. 


7 comments:

  1. She looks so eager! all the butet's I found were about 1.6k :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea me too, I may have to go up in budget. In theory, if i get the right saddle it will be a long term purchase, that will last a long time.

      Delete
  2. Def looked better as you settled in :)

    I think I have Sean on my side that I need a custom saddle woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She got better and better each time. What a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about your progress, you guys are coming on in leaps & bounds.
    Best of luck with the saddle search, I'll be back on the saddle search train sometime after Christmas as I'm pretty sure the dressage saddle no longer fits N and in all honesty it's about time I purchase her her own saddle as she is such a diff shape to miss Kika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, with jumping, the term leaps and bounds is perfect ;) I could see some problems sharing a saddle between your two ladies, they are indeed very different.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!