A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Onward and Upward! + 5 Day Challenge

Tuesday night lesson (yes I'm that behind). My bright eyed mare and I worked through some spooky business and got to work. Insert short video of flat work. I love my mare's little paddle trot, and when I manage to pay attention long enough to really hold her in a frame its pretty comfy. Her canter is still hard to relax into, but I will get used to it. 

We jumped a little x that clearly wasn't challenging our ponies enough, so it got raised to a bigger x, then a vertical that as I came around the corner suddenly looked mighty big to me. I shut up and we jumped, albeit I was super stiff, but I love my mare because she happily jumps even when I'm wavering in confidence. Wisely no one told me I have moved up into the 2'6" range until I was done. 

Boring flat work



Not my best work, but I stayed on, and no crazy bad distances

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(And because I'm as usual late to the game)

5 Day Challenge: Day 1


1. Most influential person on your riding. 


Well really it would have to be my mom. She was the one who took me on my first trail ride. Silly mom never imagined the obsession she started. She also got me into a volunteer program that not only got me my horse fix, but taught me I could work harder then I ever imagined, and survive. 


2. Piece of tack you would love to splurge on 


A saddle of some ridiculously comfortable and customer design. I don't even know enough big names, to properly dream. For now it would be a new Butet because I know i like those. :)

 
Warren G baby
3. Top 5 riding playlist


Well.... I'm kinda all over the place with music, I can float from jazz to rap to country to rock in one car ride. When I was listening to music while riding, I varied between music like the Black Keys and Nero, to old school rap (like Tupac era), which worked really well. Apparently getting my ghetto on calms me down ;)

Louie last year because
 I couldn't find anything recent

4. Most important aspect of your barn 


Well the coolest is the awesome views, but really the indoor arena is the most important. Our horses may hate it, but it keeps me in the saddle.


5. Three winter riding goals

1. Suck it up and jump whatever my trainer throws at me without becoming a stick figure.
2 Work on turns (we both drop our shoulder, getting her hind end around properly).
3 Find a saddle we both like and use it regularly.

6 comments:

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!