A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

More Please!

Thought I'd start with a little humor :)

As evidenced in my last few posts, I have not been feeling awesome, or riding particularly well either. This had left me kind of dreading lessons, with that 'oh what will go wrong now' kinda mindset. So yesterday before the lesson, I watched the last few weeks videos and realized I really just have to sit, point and relax, at least on Buster.

When I got to the barn, Magic's owner was taking a lesson so I hiked out and brought back Buster, who luckily didn't need much grooming. I quickly tacked and got on since our 6 pm lesson has quickly turned into a 530-545 pm start time it seems. we did the usual WTC stuff (admittedly I didn't venture into no-stirrup land, bad girl).

Diagram courtesy of Karley :)
 Then Karley asked if we could start jumping while the juices were flowing. I didn't even wait for our trainer to clarify who was jumping, I got to it. We just went back and forth over the X, first trotting than at a canter. Since I had already felt Buster's bum rush for the fence routine a few weeks ago, I no longer worried about it. Poor guy, I think he's doing so many walk/trot lessons he is really excited to do something different because he was never like this before. I felt like I was holding him back in the box for barrel racing or something, he didn't even want to wait for the next person. Our trainer had me finish then K and L did some coursework, over some jumps that I was not comfortable with, but they totally made them look easy.



When told I could go untack, I asked to go over the X a few more times. That's right, I actually wanted to go again. That felt good. I went a few more times, with E, mostly at a canter, with Buster still chomping at the bit, lol. I had one snafu when he did a super late lead change I since I had taken him towards the jump already at a funky angle I just bypassed it and circled again, I still have to work on all that distance business. I count but pretty much am still depending on the horse to figure out where to jump from.

Since I no longer feel like I'm dying (and because I have to be a bridesmaid in June), its back to the gym for the rest of the week and lesson next Tues...

4 comments:

  1. You are doing well, you should be proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing great - good on you for asking to go again. :)
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that you jumped in there with us! :) And LOVE that you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!