A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ladies night

Ok so I really could be a little more prompt with my posts, but here's the recap from Tues night lesson. Mr Happy aka Magic was just finishing up a beginner lesson when I arrived so my trainer had me do a mid arena saddle change and hop aboard. As you can guess he was not super happy that his day was not done, and pretty much was a brat for the rest of the lesson. I was a hot mess, I was (and am) still sick which doesn't increase my resolve and was basically a big tense weenie for most of my ride. I'm ok admitting that. It took years to realize some jobs and hobbies you don't do well in if you let pride stand in the way of learning.

Magic actually was quite lovely at the posting trot for once, needing little encouragement which is rare. He got a bit strong (and I did my tense up, get nervous then have to fight for control) at the canter and we did some awesome spin into the wall time. My arms are sore!

We moved into some group over the x work, which was not pretty but thought I'd share some video all the same. Its crazy because I know I'm tense, but clearly I ride even stiffer than I think, because when you watch the video its so clear. It all looks so easy on video lol.



I'm thinking a pre-ride shot of whiskey may be my new routine if I don't loosen up ;)


4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you did just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your are generous with your comments, I stayed on and stayed with it, which is always my base goals when riding ;)

      Delete
  2. LOL I love the whiskey idea! I need that at horse shows- though it would probably make me puke!

    Just gotta keep at it! And the more you ride the easier it will get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My trainer always says that she thinks a shot would help me out at shows haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!