A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Blog Slacker

OK, so quick update from the last week...
(well for me)

TUESDAY- I had a lesson Tues night but my head wasn't in it. Same old flat work around half the outdoor, it nice having an arena so big that two lessons can happen with minimal overlapping. Then we worked on coming around to jumps and not cutting corners after, ugh. Luckily I only had to trot poles/cross rail a few times and then got to watch L ride Oh-So-Western Frosty over said cross rail. That cheered me up a bit, entertaining as it was (except he gave some rough stops to poor L). It was nice seeing my Tues Ladies night gals again.


FRIDAY- In the afternoon I rode with L who was on Pongo, who really is adorable. Magic and I did lots of transitions with minimal attitude or spooking. I kinda gave him the two cats flying into view of the only-sometimes open end of the arena, I was kinda startled too ;) Overall, it was nice and relaxing after a long week.

MONDAY- I rode in the afternoon with Karley. It was kinda fun since both our hubbys and kids were  in tow. It was like having our own little rooting section as we hacked around. Another mom showed up with her older kids, and it was funny seeing the little girl all googly eyed over the horses, and the son super bored and complaining about the flies. I hope I can impart a love of horses and riding (whatever style he chooses).  

Had a lesson today, but I'll save that for another post, so I don't wear out anyone bothering to read ;)

6 comments:

  1. Having your own personal cheering section would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its pretty nice, even if all my son does is squeal ;)

      Delete
  2. It was nice having the hubby's and kiddos there!! And dinner after was yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally all caught up and delighted to hear all is going so well with Magic, sounds like ye are making great progress!
    Keep up the fab work and I am loving all the photos - he is a handsome lad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he's a mean old man, but we are warming up to each other a bit. He cleans up well in warm months too :)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!