A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Windy weekdays

ok, this makes me look like a little kid
Pretty pretty
Monday- Maiden voyage of my new Beval boots thanks to Karley's idea that we should suffer the joys of new boots together. I wasn't feeling well anyways so figured why not? They are pretty soft inside since the gal I got them from oiled them prior to selling them. Since it was my first time in field boots it felt totally weird, but I kinda liked the feel.


It was windy so of course we had our 'OMG the tractor/trees/imaginary fire-breathing dragon are going to eat me' moments, but ironically only once by the open end of the arena. He would tense up, but since I was ready (for once) he had no where to go,  so he was fine, but when I got to the side of the arena, suddenly there was a mom with an iPad and an extra water bottle, one of the two was apparently terrifying to Magic. Oiy-vay, I finally kicked his butt enough to get him to work cleanly passed it, but I really need to nip things in the butt faster. I was stiff and had to dismount with the mounting block (ok, I just didn't want to scuff my shiny new boots) and finished cleaning happy boy up.


I think I earned a treat
Tuesday- Ladies night lesson. CRAZY wind all day. My trainer was in denial and initially sent us down to the outdoor arena. Thankfully about half way there, our trainer realized without a megaphone we couldn't hear anything and sent us back in. L was on Carlos, who was definitely happy to be hanging with the group. E didn't stay on long, Blue had a cough and with the cold going around, she didn't want to push him.... So basically it was torture Karley and Kat night. I definitely could feel all the points my new boots had rubbed, and I'm not sure why, but my lateral ankle was killing me. I think I tend to roll it outwards when I post (trying to not look like a duck) and strain something.

Did all the normal WTC stuff with added horse-eating-windy-corner stuff, although Magic really isn't bad if I'm assertive and paying attention (not my strongest traits). Felt bad for the beginner getting a lesson by another trainer, who's mom will have to edit video with our my trainer yelling things like "Kat just beat him already! Beat his ass!" etc etc. I love my trainer, but I'm sure she sounds crazy to others. But truth be told, Magic needs a little dominating, silly boy.

(Blogger is such a pill about video uploading)

 Then we jumped a baby vertical back and forth, which killed but I survived with minimal whining. Then Karley jumped a real jump, even though I know her feet killed her she did really well. Cooled off and enjoyed the barn chit-chat while cleaning up.

Getting Magic baby-desensitized. :)
Decided I need to keep my eyes open for a tack trunk, little tired of squishing everything in a Rubbermaid and my car. Yay for another thing to shop for ;)

Ok enough, sorry I am a long-winded gal...

6 comments:

  1. As an FYI, upload your video to youtube and then link it to blogger. This works a lot better than trying to upload directly to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that, it wasn't 'finding' the video on youtube :( I am mighty impatient though

      Delete
  2. I have a Phoenix West tack trunk. They are pricey, but they last forever and are gorgeous. I'm kind of in love with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am full of good ideas :) Again next Monday right? haha!! One day we will break these boots in!

    Thanks for riding with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!