A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Dance

I guess it's fairly appropriate that while I was thinking of L and Carlos, that country music lyrics kept coming to mind. I always think of Garth Brooks, The Dance when dealing with loss, because I think its pretty right on with how life should be lived. Carlos was super lucky to have L as a mom.

And now, I'm glad I didn't know
the way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance;
I could have missed the pain,
but I'd have had to miss the dance.




I know L is  hurting, and I hope time and the love of friends and family can bring her comfort. She's an amazing horsewoman and person. The barn is feels off without Carlos poking his nose into everyone's business. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday I arrived out to the barn only to find out Magic's owner had just trailered him back in and since he was dirty and just starting to eat I figured he had earned the rest of the night off. 


Since our trainer was gone this weekend, I got to come Saturday morning and ride with part of the Saturday crew, Karley, M, and E. It was nice and fun, I rarely get to see M, and her mare Kaile. 

 Henry and Magic were quite smitten with Kaile this am, they watched her like acne-riddled teenagers. Other than that, not much to write about. Magic was a slug, but after deciding I am so over having to nag for forward motion I got a little lot more forceful with the whip and we happily moved out after that. I swear that boy gets his jollys from being smacked. Magic was a dust ball, but since it was windy, I rinsed him and cleaned him up best as I could. We all chatted while cleaning tack, and I realized how much I need that. My main social life kinda died off after we had a baby.


Working Sunday night (read- HOLIDAY PAY woohoo!) so prob no ride Monday, lesson Tuesday, and ride maybe Thurs, Friday




I snapped some pics Friday since I had our good camera.

Billy

Henry

Louie

Buster


Mr Blue



Nicku on Pongo

4 comments:

  1. Fab pics!!!

    Saturday was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to L and Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, even knowing how it ended, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tribute to L & Carlos, he sure will be missed by all who were lucky enough to know him!

    Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!