A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Monday, June 10, 2013

1 year already?!

Friday- Finally had my lesson, it was an uncomfortably warm, windless morning, so at least we finally rode in the outdoor. The footing is super hard, and rocky, but at least there's more room since lately the indoor has been a bit cramped. There was a small wall with wings that was semi-blocking half way around, so it made riding the full ring a bit odd (mostly because I wanted to make sure he never ever thought I was pointing him at the wall to jump lol). I am a total red-faced heat weenie these days. I was huffing and puffing at the post, so when she let me hang a few laps in two-point, I was dying. I swear even though she was watching J take Henry through some awesome grids, she still managed to turn and yell at me every time I sat a few beats. I'm gonna get my trainer a big hat to cover the eyes in the back of her head ;) Lucky for me Karley came and watched J ride Henry and she was kind enough to get some cell video of me jumping.



 Ok, so it was only two little verticals, but I have only been jumping a single jump for ever, and since it was already super hot out, I was proud I didn't even whine. Magic really is easy to jump, its like driving an old car, push the gas hard, get it up to speed and steer. And ya know, stay relaxed lol. Not my strong suit, but I'm working on it. I think I am starting to look a little more solid, trying to get my butt back more in the two-point so I don't end up on the neck once the jumps inevitably start going up again.

Saturday- Since my son's B-Day falls midweek we had his party a little early, yay for 1st birthday parties!  (I haven't edited any photos yet so stole a few of my MIL's).

Hmmm frosting, how many things can I spread this on....

Cool hot rod wagon- thanks to daddy

Sugar kicked in!

Hack tonight with Karley and lesson tomorrow, then back to a extra busy work week.

7 comments:

  1. You do look relaxed and solid over those jumps!
    And do you live in a desert??? What state are you in?
    Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Northern California, just in a very dry, hot area in between the ocean and mountains, hot but not quite desert though ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday little man - fab photos & yay for jumping multiple fences!
    Onwards & upwards for you and the lovely magic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bday to your little boy!!! Yeah, it was CRAZY hot on Friday and Saturday. I rode Friday and my kids had to hang at the barn with me while I rode. Luckily, there was an indoor/fan area for them to sit, but there cheeks were still red and I felt like the worst mom ever. What our kids do for us!! You look great riding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, at least you have a fan. I am happy the weather settled down a bit, I am not 18 anymore, I don't want to sweat everything out!

      Delete
  4. I like how you made all my crazy short clips into one video.. i am so tech challenged :)

    Happy Birthday Liam!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!