A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lesson learned


dating myself, but is was funny! 
 Monday- I ditched the barn (and adult things like dishes and laundry) for the beach yesterday. Realized we hadn't taken the boy to the actual ocean yet. Bad parents, cause he loved it!

Tuesday- Lesson night. Got to the barn and C was there grooming Louie, but no one else. slowly trudged through crazy wind to grab Magic. Everyone else trickled in and our trainer went back and forth on where we were riding so after a little warm up in the dusty indoor we all trekked down to the outdoor. Glad we did, I agree with C, its almost less spooky than the indoor, at least everything is moving out there, so they just get over it.

Magic was good mostly, I kept my leg/spur on him and kept him busy bending so we didn't have any funny

business. I had forgot my sunglasses so I was constantly trying to wipe dust out of my eyes. We moved on to a little cross rail. L, C, and I all went back and forth over the x. Magic was all rushy rushy, soooo not his normal self. Of course my silly little self was grabbing mane a stride or two out, and our first time over he, I'm not totally sure what, somewhere between rushed, paused, and threw himself over the jump. It was awkward, and totally proved my trainer right. Big girls don't grab mane early. Argh,ok even the packers have their days. I was stiff over the first few times, he rushed and required some backing after the jump a few times, then I finally found my chill pill, half halted his punk ass, relaxed and rode like I should. Trainer finally said I could quit and I got to watch L and her new boy and C on Louie take some bigger jumps. So easy to see a line from the sides.

Prob no more riding this week :( but Im working double Wed/Thurs and my bff is getting MARRIED on Sat in LakeTahoe so gotta get my girly on and get cleaned up a bit ;)

9 comments:

  1. you'll have to tell Ashley congrats for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love the first picture... pretty awesome! (and that is def how Henry and I looked at the beg, hello over jump!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Henry channeled his inner Criss Cross for the first year lol

      Delete
    2. and now that song is stuck in me head!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey there, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Here is the link: http://mylifeonhorses.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do more adult things and less horse things... but I have a hard time making myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister!

      Hope you've a great weekend & enjoy your friends wedding! :D

      Delete
  5. I also nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!