A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Catch up

Ok so guess I am slacking... kinda busy and kinda not much to write about.

 So lets see.... Last Thursday I went out to hack but my trainer was still using Magic for a kiddo lesson so I got to sit back and watch him in true babysitter mode. It was pretty cute, the little girl was so small for the saddle she had to keep shifting around but just went with it. Magic was pretty well behaved, grumpy old man he is. After they were done, I grabbed my saddle and did a mid-arena saddle change and rode in the nice stretchy rubber reins the kids use. Not a lot to write about, basic WTC stuff, no real great or horrible riding, which is just fine by me.


Friday my mom had her neck surgery. I was at the hospital from 6am to almost 6pm... ugh.. I don't relish being in a hospital on a day off. It was weird because the hospital she was at was a nearly brand new hospital built next to the soon to be torn down predecessor, which I happened to have worked at. It was eerie seeing it with windows missing, all wrapped in chain link. All went well though, and she's recovering well, she's one of the toughest people I know.


Weekend flew by, did get to play in my friends pool with my little guy, he loved the water, I see swim lessons in our future :)




Monday was pretty warm, Karley and I hacked around without a ton of inspiration. Then we did a little hack around the property to cool them out. It was nice being out of the arena, I can only go in so many circles. I am so jealous of all those east coast (and other country) bloggers and their pretty woods to hack in. Its pretty dusty and dry at our barn.




Tuesday was supposed to be a lesson but my DH had a photography gig that ran late so I ended up on baby duty watching most of the lesson. I eventually got on and did a little very light hack. Magic did an awesome rollback when we first approached the horse eating corner of the arena. Impressive since I had him pretty cranked the other way. We did lots of work in that corner once Karley was done jumping and I didn't have to work about being in the way.



Phew, guess that was still kinda long for little info...


Hopefully I will have a rightful lesson on Friday, hope I can get my head back in the game, its not there right now...

6 comments:

  1. Weeks like that can be good to to allow us process 6 implement all the info we get during lessons - not lessoning all the time also means that when we do get back to lessons either we have managed to correct our faults or we can be reminded of those we may hove forgotten to be working on, :p
    Or at least that is how I view them. :p

    Hope your mom makes a speedy recovery & that you get back to your lessons as hoped. Have a great week/weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my mom's recovering slowly, but steadily.

      Delete
  2. My head gets out of the game from time to time as well, but it always comes back. Lessons and showing goals help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, hope im back in it... fake it til you make it right?

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!