A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, June 14, 2013

Slippery slug

And I get yelled at for heels down ;)
Monday- I went out for my normal hack with Karley and was pleasantly surprised to find J and R (whom is rarely out at the barn) were out as well. So we had Magic, Henry, Louie, and pony Shelby all hacking about the indoor. Magic was his usual push ride, I was actually getting after him a bit, but its hard when I'm happy to putz along myself. Of course my trainer looks when I'm trying out a trot/canter depart and yells at me not to do a sloppy walk/canter transition, ugh. My new response it either 'yea' or 'ok'. Maybe not real affirmative, but making myself spit out a quick yes, m'am type response, then clamping my tongue, keeps the whiny excuses behind my shut trap where they belong.

Tuesday- Went to lesson, with my normal turning gut, and slightly elevated heart rate, yep this is fun. Sigh. I really am enjoying riding more, could someone tell my mind that?! Tacked Magic up while Karley tacked Henry, then we both headed down to the outdoor and big round pen while waiting for our trainer and others to come. Magic was pretty good considering he was alone in a huge arena, Henry was cutting up in the round pen, and the western folks were getting rowdy on the ranch below ours. Finally L came down on Project horse, our trainer cruised the golf cart down and we got to it. Plenty of posting and two-pointing to be had, I felt like my legs were soaped, I couldn't maintain my heels down for the life of me. Surprisingly jumping was easier. We did an growing crossrail a bit... as in hey last time I turned that corner, there was only one side to that... hey look, oh goody, now its taller... I just squeezed and focused on relaxing my lower body and hot damn, if I didn't enjoy my cranky pants packer a bit, even when after a brief rest my trainer through up another small rail for L and I to jump. Then I got to watch Karley and J jump some real jumps. Yup happy with my little jumps for now.   ;)


(video of first warm-up rail)


Thanks to a little confusion no hack today, but hopefully I'll at least get something in next Monday, Tuesday...

3 comments:

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!