A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

and Round 2 goes to...

...Me.

I had a good lesson Tuesday. A big part of that was my trainer coming to me as I was grooming and telling me she needed Magic for a quick lunge-line lesson before ours. Cool, get some energy out. Then she reminded me that he pretty much is off Sun, only gets hacked by me Mon afternoon, and my Tues lesson, so maybe I should run him around the round pen a bit before I ride those days. Well, duh he was moved to a smaller stall in the mare motel, and I don't think he moves far from where the food falls from. So after the adorable little girl took her her lesson I ran Magic's butt off in the round pen. After some rodeo bucks, we proceeded quietly down to the outdoor arena. My legs were killing me, but eventually we had probably one of the best working trots I've gotten out of him, a nice consistent speed. Then we started jumping. I asked my trainer if I jumped well could I stop early since my sciatica was acting up.That got me a maybe and a few laps over a small vertical which quickly turned into a line with a panel and the vertical. I think my brain is finally starting to get the concept of adjusting and distance. I managed to not grab mane 3 strides out which gave me the ability to actually pilot, and yet still not be too stiff to go with the jump. I'm still totally chicken, but glad it went well.

Can i go home yet? 


Hack Friday (my lonely hack day lol)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were the winner of round 2, it always helps my confidence when I win a round, let's me know I really can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get him girl!!! Hope he's an angel for me tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! You'll have him listening in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I love the new header & background!
    Second - Yay you winning round 2 - on wards and upwards!
    *hug*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!