A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Productive Morning

Wednesday

Had a morning lesson with Karley and J. It was actually nice out so I wasn't sweating like a pig from just grooming. I ran a few good bucks out of Magic in the round pen and then headed down to the outdoor. Did the usual sitting, posting, two-point laps while our trainer was setting up jumps. Another trainer and a rider were jumping a gymnastic, which made going around interesting at times. I am always impressed with what the eventers set up and jump through even as beginners. 

As I was going around I was trying to figure out what I was going to be jumping since everything kept getting taller than I normally do. Then she pointed to the baby wall. It was weird jumping something so low and without wings or standards, I had to work a bit at first to make Magic believe that was what we were aiming at, especially since the eventer gal was jumping the line angled next to it. Trotted it a few times then cantered in, which since it was a tiny jump and because I finally feel more in control of both of us, wasn't scary (yay!). So far I have been able to just take a deep breath when I get nervous and just let go enough to not stiffen up like a mannequin.  Nothing amazing, but good solid work from me. No whining, just riding. :)




Love my hubby for getting video of all of us while holding a squirming 1yr old :)

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I always like it when something has standards, aha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Yay for being able to calm those nerves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for feeling more confident & in control, you guys are doing awesome and have come on in leaps and bounds since you started keeping this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!