A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holiday Blur...

Ok so I'm so far behind, I really don't even remember where I left off, and what's been done since. Lots of rescheduling do to the holidays, so lessons have been kinda scattered. Before Christmas I had a few meh lessons on Holly. Not much media coverage since it was freezing and didn't want to drag the boys out with me just for photos/ video... ok I wanted to, but have some restraint...

Holly has been getting schooled more by the WS since she is on school break, so she's been having to work on her lead changes heavy and has no breaks) and a slow twist full cheek, which she was very nice in but its technically another horses's bit, so if trainer likes her in it enough I may go buy one (SHOPPING!). 
and getting some bigger, more complicated jump schooling, which I happily leave to my trainer and the WS. We have been playing around with her bits, instead of staying in the snaffle with the gag, we have ventured into a big rubber snaffle (which I hate her in with a passion because she gets

I have to work on straightness, me, her, down the line, in a turn, after a jump... I even asked to jump during a lesson last week. Yes, little timid me wanted to jump. Of course I then got told to get my shizzle together and not screw up what the WS was fixing..ugh...

This week I also rode Magic, man he feels small and easy now. Funny how your perception changes as you grow as a rider. Did some little courses in the outdoor since the weathers been really nice for December/ January. I have to work at not staying leaning forward in a line, I'm pretty sure I hold my breath the whole time too.

Lesson on Sat, then hopefully back to a more regular routine.




So really I will leave you with random media excerpts of my holidays.

My boys :)


Friend's pony Checkers- want!

                                        (Me on Magic- sorry cell video- camera died)

                                          (WS on Holly, who was being a brat)





10 comments:

  1. The Holidays were a blur, all the extra schooling is good for Holly and you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yup, I actually have really enjoyed it, I feel like my brain and body are getting on the same page finally.

      Delete
  2. Holly looks great, even if she was being a brat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Holly are going to be such an amazing team after all this work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J is such a trooper!

    Woo hoo for extra all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yea she is, she gets fussy, but really wants to please

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!