A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Monday, April 15, 2013

Paint it Black

First day of hacking Magic. I went to get him out of his new digs in he mare motel next to Henry and realized how little he looks next to his TB buddies. His little head barely sticks over the wall. He is super bay right now with his shaggy winter coat and for some reason he Roiling Stones song Paint It Black (my fav) came to mind...
You can just see him in front
Any-who, brushed shaggy beast and took my time since it wasn't a lesson. It was crazy wind again so since I did t want a huge spookfest/ fight I stayed towards the closed end of the arena, especially when two gals with greenies decided to uh... We will call it Lunge... Their high high horses in the round pen then the arena with us.





We did some decent sitting trot the. Lots of posting, working on impulsion and collection and not getting corners (ie me paying attention). Cantering was eh, he was lazy and wasted so much energy vertically instead of forward.

Then crazy greenies came into the arena and we pretty much cooled the boys out and left.


















Lesson bright and early, ugh I'm gonna be sore! No pain no gain right?

8 comments:

  1. Yay for self portraits in the arena mirrors. :)
    Does this mean you have taken the lease out on Magic? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, 3 days a week, figured i should see how more riding really fits in my schedule (without driving the hubby crazy).

      Delete
  2. Hi Henry!!! :)

    Thanks for riding with me last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. yes, its really helpful, albeit its currently so dirty i can barely see in it ;)

      Delete
  4. Well in the mare motel he might not get as bleached out and may actually look black!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!