1. dish face or roman nose? why?
Dish face. Personal preference I guess
2. mares or geldings? why?
Geldings, I have enough hormones.
3. Do you think warmbloods are over-rated?
Nope, just out of my price-range
4. Describe your dream horse.
Push-button but not dead-head.
I still need a little fun, just don't need to eat dirt. Otherwise 15-16hh.
5. What kind of bit do you use and why?
Full-cheek twisted wire snaffle. Its what my lease horse uses and it works.
6. Stock horses or sport horses?
Sigh, I'm not so sure anymore...
I'd love a QH/ Appendix with a sport horse work ethic.
7. Favorite horse color?
Eh, depends on breed...
Bays have grown on me, still like greys if I don't have to keep them show clean.
8. Least favorite horse color?
Varnish appy or real muttled roan appy
9. Dressage or Jumping?
Jumping, even if I'm a chicken
10. Favorite stock horse breed?
Paints- so much diversity out there
11. Favorite Hot-blooded breed?
12. Favorite cold-blooded breed?
Clydesdale. Blame all the Budweiser commercials. I've also ridden a Clydesdale/ Mustang who was the most chill, awesome horse.
13. Dapple grey or Fleabitten grey?
Dapple, but I have loved a few flea-bittens
14. Most expensive piece of tack you own?
Either of my saddles
15. When did you start riding?
Maybe 8ish for real after my mom took me on a trail ride. I was hooked for life.
16. Leather or Nylon halters?
Nylon, I'm a sucker for color. And I'm cheap.
17. Apples or Carrots?
Carrots, we can share ;)
18. Chestnut or bay?
Um.....Either with tall socks and white on face
19. Palomino or Buckskin?
Palomino, I have known some mean buckskins
20. Lazy horse or Hot horse?
Sigh again... lazy... well at least until I am back in shape and grow some
21. Have you ever been trail riding?
How I started, it was my first non-paid and paid job :)
22. Have you ever had to put down a horse that you loved?
Nope. Selling him was hard enough. Others I loved weren't mine.
23. How many saddlepads do you have?
Uh... 4 english, 3 western- but I need to upgrade to a few nice (BoT)
24. How many bridles do you have?
1 western, one ear. Not something I love, just got it with a saddle I bought.
I need an english bridle eventually here
25. Favorite saddle brand?
Anything out of my price range lol. I really like my Pessoa.
26. Beige or White Breeches?
Beige. I don't wear white as a nurse, I certainly don't want to wear it on a horse.
27. Least favorite discipline?
Um....None, really, don't see myself flying over a cross country course any time soon.
I think when I'm old I'll end up doing western pleasure or dressage so can't write them off.
28. Do you own a horse?
Soon...? Hopefully :)
29. Do you collect breyer horses?
No but I have several somewhere
30. Favorite color of saddle pad?
Depends on horse color. Like Blues
31.Private barn or Boarding stable?
Been there, been in charge, lots of responsibility I don't want yet anyways.
32. Opinion on spoiled riders?
Hated them as a kid, but hey, if i had $$$ I'd enjoy it too.
33. Have you ever ridden tackless?
Always had at least a halter and lead.
I'm not daring and I'm still in one piece.
34. Have you ever stood up on a horse?
Pony, very briefly
35. Overo, Tobiano, or Tovero?
Any, just depends on how markings land and how the horse is.
Pretty horses with bad tempers don't look nice for long.
36. Favorite face markings(s)?
Star and snip. Crooked strips messes with my OCD
37. Why you started riding?
One of few places I felt happy and comfortable as a kid
38. Does anyone in your family ride?
My mom a tiny bit. my aunt used to ride and breed QH.
And apparently my grandma was quite the rider, I just never knew her well.
39. Have you ever owned a horse?
Briefly. A Man's man of a QH, Rad.
40. Something you want to improve on?
EVERYTHING. Mostly not freaking at jumping
41. A bad habit you have?
So many to choose form... pinching knees...
42. A bad habit your horse has?
Spooking at nothing
|Cap't- like jumping a oak barrel with 'tude|
2'3" ish- Thats plenty high for me
44. Have you ever had a dressage lesson?
No but I would like one
45. What really makes your horse spook?
Anything outside the open side of the arena apparently.
46. Trail riding or ring work?
Both. Keeps a girl well rounded, and a horses mind fresh.
47. Indoor or Outdoor arena?
Outdoor, although lately ours has been spooky and hard-packed.
48. Colorful or plain saddle pads?
Colorful. oddly, I dress in lots of black or gray, but I love color on horses.
49. Do you like horses with blue eyes?
Sometimes. Has to be just the right match with markings.
50. Have you ever gotten into a fight with your trainer?
Of course not... I have whined and ended up working harder. Lesson learned.
51. Light bay or Dark bay horses?
Light bay, with chrome!
52. What is your equestrian dream?
Simple, ride a basic 2'-2'3" course without having a heart attack or eating dirt.
Being comfortable enough to ride a greenie.
53. Long mane or Pulled mane?
54. Opinion on fake tails?
55. Least favorite thing about your barn?
Deteriorating footing. I have no real ego in my riding anymore and I don't own yet so drama doesn't bother me much.
56. Favorite thing about your barn?
My trainer and the gals I ride with.
They have been amazingly encouraging and I probably would not have gotten into H/J and enjoyed it without them.
57. Have you ever ridden a stallion?
Nope, just never had the chance.
58. socks or no socks on a horse?
Socks! Love 'em!
59. Favorite horse names?
Kinda had a fetish with alcohol related names since I was a kid.
60. If you could ride any horse in the world, which one would it be? why?