A Horse is a Horse

A Horse is a Horse

Friday, April 19, 2013

Short and sweet

Despite my darling baby boy wanting to be up to see the sun rise, ugh, I didn't get out to the barn until 10. It was already well into the 70's (but finally not windy- yay!) so I opted for the shady indoor since the event trainer was teaching a beginner lesson so there was plenty of room.

apologies for blurriness- dh holding baby and phone ;)

Started by walking a half lap then decided to do some sitting trot, trying to really stretch my heels down and work on my pinchy knees. of course we got to the open end at about the same time as the lesson girl, so when Magic gave his now routine slow-motion spook, the poor girl got the teeniest spook out of her horse. I made better effort to stay on my own side, although he only tried to spook one more time, but I immediately made him pay, and that was that. He really wants to make sure I'm paying attention. I'm finally getting better at driving him into the corners at least most of the time, and since we weren't having any battles, I found my knees stayed fairly where they should be.

Then we did some awful walk to canter departs, until we finally got an ok one, and I pretty much called it quits so I could make an appointment on time. Cooled him out and rinsed dirty boy off (wish I had had time for a bath, it was so nice out) while talking to C who arrived right as i was done (she's one of the sweetest people i know). hopefully she and I can meet up on Fridays so we don't have to ride alone.

Little spoiling in the warm sun

Riding schedule (pending life) = Mon -hack, Tues- lesson, Fri -hack 

Buying his love with cookies :)

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully you can sweeten his otherwise sour 'tude! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the spooking will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I don't like riding so defensively all the time

      Delete
  3. Oh Magic... always making sure you are there to ride lol!

    See you Monday riding buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that it went well. :)
    Loving the photos and I'm well jealous of the temperatures, we're back hovering around 10C this week after our high of 19C last week feels even colder now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,the downside is if its this hot already, this summer will probably be a beast.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from others, good, bad, and honest!